Monday, September 5, 2011

Zucchini Bread

This recipe was handed down to me by my mother in law. I tweaked it a little today cause I was too cheap to buy walnuts and I don't like nuts in my food.

Zucchini Bread

Preheat oven to 325 degrees, grease to large loaf pans and flour the bottoms of both.

3 cups flour
2 1/2 cups sugar
4 cups shredded zucchini
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp cinnamon
4 eggs beaten
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
1 tbsp + 1 tsp vanilla

Optional: 1 cup chopped walnuts, 1/2 cup chocolate chips, 1/2 cup shredded coconut.

Combine ingredients and beat on low for 1 minute, then beat on medium for 1 minute. Distribute evenly between the two pans.
Bake 50-60 minutes, check at 50.
Cool on racks for 10 minutes and then turn them out of the pan, eat or wrap and store in the fridge. Can be frozen or kept in fridge for a couple weeks if it lasts that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment