Thursday, September 8, 2011

Canning...

So I spent an entire day canning with my mother in law. What a trip. I haven't canned in over ten years and for got how much "fun" it is. We canned over 30 pints of peach preserves. Had to stop in the beginning to go to the store and buy a new canner. If you haven't used a steam canner, you have got to try it. Wow is all I can say. It was so easy after that. By the time we were done both of us were sticking to the floor and had peach poop in our hair and all over.

I can't wait to do it again. I have already decided I am going to do some jam in the next couple of weeks. Just going to do half pints since we don't eat a lot anyway. It would make great gifts.

Stay tuned for my next adventure.

I will be posting more recipes soon for my one hour spaghetti and chili since the weather is starting to get colder.

No comments:

Post a Comment